Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sylvia Mejía

Sylvia Mejía, videographer and film maker from Colombia, will talk about Video-Transformation.

The utilization of portable video as a means of empowerment and transformation for individuals and groups. Sylvia has worked with video cameras for the past 15 years and has witnessed their power in changing people's lives.

She studied Television and Film Direction at Harrow College of Technology and Art in London and Film Science at Stockholm University, making her one of the first women in Colombia trained in film direction.

The arrival of the video camera in the 1970s impacted her greatly as she saw the opportunity to use such technology to reach people in various sectors. She used her video capabilities with various groups in Europe and Latin America and over time developed a methodology of using the camera as a therapeutic and development tool.

She is currently living in Florida, from where she is spreading her idea for the benefit of this community.

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger FILÓ Comunicação, Educação e Arte said...

hi!i´m from brazil, sorry for my english..but i know few things about silvia mejia, anda i would like to know more, much more...how do you know her? or her work...have her contact?! who are you? work with video? so many questions! my e-mail: bru.epiphanio@gmail.com

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger FILÓ Comunicação, Educação e Arte said...

hi!i´m from brazil, sorry for my english..but i know few things about silvia mejia, anda i would like to know more, much more...how do you know her? or her work...have her contact?! who are you? work with video? so many questions! my e-mail: bru.epiphanio@gmail.com

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Karen The Dreamer said...

I knew Sylvia many many years ago when I lived in London, just before she left Harrow College of Art and while she still lived with Roland. I would very much like to make contact with her again. My name is John Purser and back then I was a photography student Now I live in Australia and my email address is karensed@bigpond.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home